What is WIC?
Even working families often struggle to make ends meet. The Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program may be able to help.
WIC is a federal nutrition program offered through the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and administered in Illinois by the Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS).
WIC helps parents to feed their children properly during critical periods of growth and development. Well Child Center conveniently offers WIC at 4 locations in Northern Kane County. Scroll down for clinic locations.
The WIC program provides:
- Nutrition education
- Nutrition counseling
- Breastfeeding support
- Access to nutritious foods
- Referrals to other services
WIC may be able to help if you . . .
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- have an infant or children up to age 5
- are working with limited income or have no income and need help providing food for your family
Please bring the following items to your WIC appointment :
- Identification (driver’s license, photo ID)
- Proof of income (your most recent paycheck stub, income tax form, Medicaid card, SNAP ID or TANF ID)
- Proof of address (your utility bill or recent mail)
- Proof of birth (birth certificate for your infant or child)
** WIC does not require proof of citizenship or alien status.
** Any infant or child on WIC or qualifying for WIC must come to the clinic.
** This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Complete WIC education classes online
Free Prenatal Classes
Did you know as a WIC participate you can attend a series of free prenatal classes?
Call us at 847-741-7370 and we will direct you to the location nearest to you.
WIC Information You Can Use!
Breastfeeding Support | Meet Your Breastfeeding Coach
Call or text your breastfeeding coach with breastfeeding questions.
Well Child Center Main Clinic
620 Wing Street
Greater Family Health Care
Seneca Health Center
450 Dundee Avenue
Elgin, IL 60120
844-599-3700, ext. 4450, 4453
Aunt Martha’s Youth Service Center
3003 Wakefield Drive
Carpentersville, IL 60110
VNA Health Center
801 Villa Street
Elgin, IL 60120